Thursday, October 18, 2007

Take it like a man.

Last night at 10:45 pm I got a phone call. FYI very few people call me, even fewer call me after 9:00 pm. I scramble out of bed, forget my glasses and lurch toward the phone. I see one letter "D" I can't make out the rest of the name or the rest of the number but there are only two names programmed that start with D. I answer. Three hour conversation summed up in a few words, "MEN DON'T CRY!"
I bitch and moan about all the assholic men in and surrounding my life but the truth is the few times I have ever been confronted with a man crying I have been REPULSED!
So I have been evaluating my stance on crying men. As of today it is ok if a man cries AS LONG as it is for a justifiable reason. Examples of justifiable reasons: someone in your family just died, birth of a your first child (seriously it is only a miracle once after that is just a re-run), you lost a limb.

No comments: